Kwighe Baptist Health Center
This is one of the health centres of the Cameroon Baptist Convention (CBC) which started in 1997 as a Primary Health Centre. It was an initiative of the community placed under the CBC Health Services Life Abundant Primary (LAP) Healthcare programme. Over time it was realized that so many referrals were made to other health institutions causing the community and LAP to seek the integration of the PHC into a full-fledged health centre of the CBC. Therefore, in 1999 the PHC was transitioned into an integrated health centre of the CBC and on April 21, 2002 it was officially inaugurated as Kwighe Baptist Health Centre.
Today, the staff strength of the health centre stands at 13 including a screener up from 10 staff when the health centre began in in 2002. A monthly average of 300 patients are seen at Kwighe Baptist Health Centre. It is supervised by Mbingo Baptist Hospital which carries out a doctor’s support visit to the health centre every other month. The health centre is opened to the public 24/7 and runs a three shift system (7am to 2pm, 2pm to 9pm and 9pm to 7am). Patients are received from Awing, Balikumbat, Upper Bambili and from Kwighe itself. In 2014, a total of 9.087 patients were seen in the health centre.
- General Consultation
- Maternity Services (ANC, deliveries, Infant Welfare Clinic and Postpartum care)
- Family Planning Services
- Outreach committee recently created to carry out health education and HIV screening in the community
- Support Group for people living with HIV. The group had 12 registered members in 2014 who meet every third Saturday of the month to carry out self-supporting activities
- The health centre does admission of patients. There are 21 hospital beds spread out in four wards namely; Men’s, Women’s, Children’s and Maternity wards
- Spiritual Life Committee which oversees the spiritual activities in the health centre
- Security Services with two security guards.
The health centre is found in a village called Kwighe in Tubah Sub-Division, Mezam Division of the Northwest Region of Cameroon. The inhabitants of Kwighe Health Area are predominantly farmers.
Tel: +237 67751 4607 / 69419 7518